Friday, June 17, 2011

Sad Friday....

Spent all day yesterday watching and waiting for the parents to come take care of the two babies that were left.  They would come every few hours and feed them, but not the every 15 mins. that they were doing it before.  The last feeding I saw was around 3 yesterday afternoon.  Had thought about going to the store and buying some meat or bugs for them, but since the dad was out chirping at them, I thought they would be ok.

I woke up this morning to the momma bird chirping away and thought ,"Oh good!  She is here to take care of them!".  I got right up, went outside and sadly, both little babies were dead.  If only I had tried to feed them last night!

The mom has been chirping away all morning at them.  She has even taken food to them. ( I'm kind of mad at her for not doing that yesterday.)  We took the babies out and hopefully, the parents will take care of the ones who survived and not keep coming back to the birdhouse.  It makes me terribly sad.

I guess Nature has it's own way of doing things and there is another example of how we can't control everything.  There is a season.....

I'll be watching for the next "batch"!  Hope there will be one!

No comments:

Post a Comment